• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Did i get brain damage?

TheMadHatter

Greenlighter
I'm going to give facts, not what-ifs. this is what i felt that night, i just want your opinion.

i weight 125 lbs, and the midnight before i took 2 mg of valium (no tolerance), when i woke up at 8 i gulped poppy tea that consisted of too jumbo pods. at 6:30 pm still somewhat high i drank another 2 pods. valium has lasted as long as two full days on me before, and usually when consuming pod tea i'll split 3 pods over the course of maybe 5 hours.

around 8 o'clock i noticed my breathing was becoming increasingly shallow and then automatic respiration stopped and i had to force labored breathing. i did not nod off during this dangerous period.

at 11 o'clock autonomic respiration was rearing it's head and while i still focused on my breathing it was again natural (though terribly depressed).

at 1 a.m. my dad came home and we started talking (the first time i had taken my mind of my chest) and i seemed to be breathing enough without a conscious effort in the midst of conversation.

at 2 a.m. still shocked by the experience/paranoid about my breathing i took a shower where i held my breath for a few seconds to see if any painful sensations would force me to breathe, i don't believe i felt discomfort though i seemed to be getting at least the minimum level of oxygen necessary every minute.

at 2:30 i am about to go to sleep, positive i am breathing naturally again with enough efficacy to fuel my blood. i think to myself if i were to continue to breathe like this while asleep, i will get all the oxygen i need. feeling like i beat a mild overdose i go to sleep.

at 6 am i wake up and my lips/fingertips look normal (not blue) and i am still high/breathing about the same.

everything after this is just wierd. i feel alien/ghost like, as though my words are no longer hemmed in quotations. words are harder to find/meaning is lost. i know that when you go to sleep your breathing slows, so i assumed mediocre breathing awake + sleep = possible apnea or cerebral hypoxia. do you think based off of this retelling i deprived my brain of oxygen from 2:30-6, or is this just in my head?

i agree, its just your mind, try meditating and just count your breaths, deep ones to make a pattern, it helps, i was going through the same thing a couple of weeks ago i would get scared because i just stopped breathing because i wasnt thinking about it, just get your mind back in the right state and you should be alright!

Sounds like anxiety.

When people experience severe respiratory depression from opioids, it is always accompanied with heavy sedation (you wouldn't be able to not nod off). The mu opioid receptor which causes the depressed breathing also causes sedation; so when people experience seriously depressed breathing they are unaware of it...

I am glad you didn't go to the ER and waste emergency services for this...

Pod tea stays in your system for a loooong ass time, way over 12 hours. You just woke up still high from the pods.

severe damage to the medial superior temporal and cortical lobes, also alopecia of the testes

Could be a so called conversion problem though downers and/or opiates can kill you by vomit aspiration or indeed stop breathing. I doubt that was really an overdose you took though, it was apparently enought to scare you and certainly not enough to kill you.

Be careful.

There's no way you're feeling valium after 2 days. That's just silly. What you're feeling is a mental fog, a fairly common symptom of anxiety -- especially among drug users.

I find the Thebaine in PPT causes me lots of anxiety too and even to focus on my breathing. While I tend to enjoy the feeling of other opiates, I dislike the feeling of pod tea. While organic, I find the buzz dirty.